Winthrop University - Tillman Hall Historic Renovation
Originally built in 1894, the historic Tillman Hall is the main administration building on campus, and over the years has housed offices, classrooms, a swimming pool, museum, art gallery, library, gymnasium, and auditorium. The building was constructed with convict labor, and remnants of prisoners’ stocks are still found in the basement. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, Tillman Hall is an excellent example of the Romanesque architecture popular in the 1890s. This project included the interior renovation of extensive millwork, HVAC, electrical updates and a staircase addition.