Meeting global challenges of a growing population that seeks food safety, food security and wellness through the sustainable use of natural resources, the revitalization project to Shepardson Hall solved the University’s capacity demands and combined program spaces which were previously scattered across the campus. In addition, it also preserved the historic nature of the 1938-built building.
This design-build project proposed not only a major renovation of the interior space to meet evolving programmatic needs but also two significant additions to allow for growth and provided a signature building for the College of Agricultural Sciences. Complete renovation of the existing building including most of the infrastructure systems occurred and a 15,000-sf addition was added to the south side and a 31,000-sf addition on the north side which is a new signature entry.
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO